What are Tension and Trauma release exercises?
TRE™ is a revolutionary new method for stress and trauma recovery, developed by Dr. David Berceli. It is based upon a neurological viewpoint that tremoring is the organic way in which a human being ( and animal) recovers from the aftermaths of tension and trauma.
Trauma Release Exercises is a set of six exercises that triggers shaking in the body and this releases accumulated adrenaline and cortisol. The exercises are a simple form of stretching and care is taken to perform the exercises easily not injuring a susceptible part of the body – e.g. weak knee.
It is a fast and effective way to release built up tension and stress.
The body stores every stressful event and until released, it remains with you, locked in the body and negatively affecting your outlook on life and the way you cope with the daily stresses life sends your way.
The client lies down on the floor and a shaking process in the body begins. These are neurogenic muscle tremors and nothing to do with skill or “making them happen”. This shaking originates deep in the core of the body of the psoas muscles.
These tremors usually begin slowly in the legs and with time reverberate outwards along the spine releasing tension from the sacrum to the cranium.
TRE™ is easily learned, immediately effective and self-empowering. It is a body-centered methodology of trauma and stress release. This is practiced under the supervision and guidance of a qualified TRE™ practitioner and may be done during an individual session or as part of a group class.
So, in summary, TRE™
- is a safe, simple to learn exercise, that can be taught to groups or to individuals
- does not require revisiting trauma through talking
- crosses cultures and language barriers
- does not require lengthy therapy
- is relatively quick but differs from person to person
- activates neurogenic tremors that enables one to get rid of the chronic tension patterns, including deep relaxation of muscle tissue
- allows you to return to a calm and well-balanced state
- works for past trauma dating back to childhood and birth trauma
- is a great self-help tool for daily stress, anxiety, tension, and trauma
Join the discussion and transform through knowledge by reading my Blog.